Wednesday

Australia Council Grants

Hello everyone

Has anyone out there in writing land applied for an Australia Council Grant and been successful in achieving funding?

I am attending a seminar put on by the QWC
in conjunction with the Australia Council to provide information on Thursday February 15, at the Metro Arts Building.

I have been looking into applying for a grant for my novel. Has anyone else done this? Is anyone else from the Queensland Writing Group applying?

Anyway, I will let you know what I find out at the session, happy valentines and happy writing.



This is on my latest blog.



Are any of you attending tomorrow night? Have any of you been through the process?



I’d love to know any thoughts.



All the best

Suzanne Strong

FELLOW QUEENSLAND WRITING MEMBER

3 comments:

thewordygecko said...

Hi Suzanne,

I've never applied, don't have enough publications to qualify, but interested to know how you get on at the meeting.

Sue

Suzanne Strong said...

It was great. It was really good to have a human being to explain some things on the form, because some things are a bit confusing.

I could clarify stuff they needed and ask what would be the best way to attack the application.

It was very useful. It was held at the QWC and the individual sessions were great too! I am putting up my journalism articles as evidence of published work and trying to cross over to the fiction genre. We'll see, my application is a bit sketchy, but I thought I may as well try it can't hurt can it? It might hurt a little completing the application.

Thanks for the interest!
Cheers
suzanne

australian grants said...

It was great. It was really good to have a human being to explain some things on the form, because some things are a bit confusing.

I could clarify stuff they needed and ask what would be the best way to attack the application.